1. Tie a bunch of balloons to the front door; it guides guests to the party house and sets the mood.
2. Save squeakers, hats, blowers and balloons till the end or they could ruin the party! Hang the balloons up (out of reach) and give one to each child as a going home present. Don’t leave them on the floor (they won’t last long)!
3. Get a BIG cardboard box and, as the children arrive, put the presents that they bring safely into the box so that they may be opened AFTER THE PARTY. This way you will know who brought what, so that thank you letters can be sent. This also ensures that nothing gets lost or broken.
4. Seating the children around a table to eat in another room is always preferable because you isolate the food and drink in one area.
5. Don’t serve ice-cream, sweets or other refreshments once the magic show has begun it’s asking for trouble! Most of the food will end up on your carpet and sticky fingers will get everywhere.
6. If the children have to leave a magic show before the end they, quite naturally, get very upset and it disturbs the other children too. So try to get any parents that arrive early to wait until the performance is over.
7. Send your party invitations out EARLY. If someone else in your child’s class plans a party on the same day it can cause a lot of problems and may result in YOU having to change your plans. So get your invitations out first and avoid this possible problem.
8. Parents and other adults are very welcome to watch the show providing that they sit at the back and behave themselves!!!
9. Please keep pets such as dogs, cats, crocodiles! etc in a separate room, as they can be rather disruptive or frightening to some children.
10. If you would like me to send you over party invites please let me know.